Cool Beans

July 3, 2013

Thing 5 RSS Feedly

Filed under: Summer 2013 @ 2:15 am and

After I looked at the video, In Plain English
I got a better understanding of what a RSS is and how to use them. Feedly is pretty user-friendly and explained the process of using the reader well.

I enjoyed the article on Mindshift, “ Why Teaching Helps Students Learn More Deeply“.

It speaks of how students go the extra mile to learn when they are responsible for teaching others. Being the eldest in my family, I was happy to learn that researchers have found that the eldest child is generally smarter than the siblings because of the eldest teaches the younger ones. The fact that my baby brother has a PHD and is a college professor must mean that I am really smart.

2 Comments »

1.   Deb Gaskins — July 21, 2013 @ 3:09 am    Reply

I think RSS Readers are one of the greatest inventions. It’s a great way to stay informed without having to search the internet for resources. The resources come to you. I came up with the Google Reader so I’m just getting use to Feedly but I’m loving it.

2.   fmgrantmathlady — August 6, 2013 @ 3:58 pm    Reply

I am addicted to my reader! I get to keep up with what’s new without doing a search and getting 100,000 responses. Feedly is a viable replacement for Google reader.

Hope you find it helpful!

RSS feed for comments on this post.TrackBack URI